Globalization Essay & Paragraph
Globalization means uniting the whole world, providing a borderless world economy and world culture. It seeks to ensure the free flow of products and free exchange of cultures throughout the world. Analysts say that while there are some good aspects of globalization, it will mainly benefit rich countries, which may take unfair advantage of poor countries. So, if you want to write an essay on globalization, you have to look at both the pros and cons. Below are a few essays and paragraphs on globalization for students.
Globalization Essay in 500 Words
Globalization : Advantages and Disadvantages
Introduction: Globalization essentially means a borderless global economy as well as a global culture. It advocates the free flow of goods and cultural values throughout the world. The perpetrators of globalization show reason that such steps would—
- Create standardization of cultural values;
- Spread development to the poor parts of the world;
- Create equal opportunities for efficient people all over the world; and
- Overcome cultural barriers among nations.
Allegations against Globalization: There are also serious allegations against globalization. It is said to be a tool of exploitation in the hands of capitalists. In the name of globalization, the rich countries can take undue advantage of the poverty-stricken nations. It is making the rich even richer. On the other hand, the poor countries losing all their defense. A number of negative impacts of globalization are already becoming visible. Some of them are as follows:
- The rich countries always have the advantage at the table of bargains. Here they take undue advantage of the poor countries. They take protective measures to save their weak industries but force the poor countries to open up their markets.
- It has been found that the industries of poor countries cannot compete with the technically advanced industries of developed countries. As a result, the lagging behind industries of the poor countries loses their markets to the developed industries.
- The multinational companies of the developed countries getting more powerful day by day. They are also exercising their new earned power in an undue and illegitimate way. The poor countries cannot resist the economic power of multinational companies and surrender helplessly to multinational companies.
- The globalization process is also being associated with the aggressive onslaught of the western culture on the culture of the poor nations. As a result, the poor nations are failing to maintain their cultural distinction and heritage.
Future Prospect of Globalization: It is hoped that in the long run, the globalization process will have certain positive consequences:
- It is making a man think as a world citizen rather than a citizen of an individual country. It develops our views and perspective toward the world.
- Many local industries are turning into national, multinational, and global ones. Such a process is working as a place for blending different management systems and giving new insight into management practices.
- Globalization will bring about in one way or another a free movement of goods and services. That will eventually help the poor countries.
- Globalization process has already developed the communication system all over the world drastically. With the technological development and introduction of mobile phones, satellite TV channels, and the internet, we are living literally in a global village where no part of the world is distant. Such improvement in communication systems has also improved trade and commerce all over the world.
- In the process of globalization modern technology and management systems will also find their way into poor countries. The undeveloped nations will learn from the developed nations and multinational companies and will learn to use modern technology and management systems.
Conclusion: In this changing world influenced by globalization, poor third-world countries like Bangladesh need to be organized and adjust their policies to the new situation.
Globalization Paragraph, 150 Words
Globalization essentially means a borderless global economy as well as a global culture. It advocates the free flow of goods and cultural values throughout the world. The perpetrators of globalization show reason that such steps would create standardization of cultural values, spread development to the poor parts of the world, create equal opportunities for efficient people all over the world, and overcome cultural barriers among nations. There are also serious allegations against globalization. It is said to be a tool of exploitation in the hands of capitalists. In the name of globalization, the rich countries can take undue advantage of the poverty-stricken nations. It is making the rich even richer. On the other hand, the poor countries losing all their defense. In this changing world influenced by globalization, poor third-world countries like Bangladesh need to be organized and adjust their policies to the new situation.
About the Author
A teacher, writer and blogger, started allparagraph noting students search online for paragraphs on various topics, short and simple essays, edifying stories and other materials of study. In composing these lessons we have tried to use as simple language as possible, keeping young students in mind. If you find any text inappropriate, please let us know so we can make it more useful through necessary corrections and modifications. Thank you!