Essay and Paragraph on Importance of Learning English
English is the international language. That is why there is no alternative to English for communication. At present, English is being taught to students in schools all over the world. It is also common practice for test-takers to make write essays and paragraphs on the importance of learning English. Here we have shared a bunch of essays and paragraphs on various aspects of this topic, such as: Essay on the Importance of Learning English, Essay on How to Learn English Well, Paragraph on the Importance of Learning English, Paragraph on the Necessity of Learning English, Paragraph on How to Learn English, Paragraph on How to Improve Speaking Power in English, Paragraph on Failure in English, Paragraph on How to Learn English Well, etc.
English is an international language. In this modern age, almost every person needs to learn English in some way or another. So, it is necessary for every one of us to learn English. Some of the reasons for learning English are as follows:
- English is the most widely spoken language all over the world. If we want to communicate with a foreigner then we will have to consider English as the means of communication. In our home country, we have to communicate with many foreign businessmen, tourists, consultants, statesmen, bureaucrats, and specialized persons. For such communication, the best choice is English.
- Some of us may need to visit a foreign country as a tourist or in connection with our employment, career, or education. There we will need to talk and communicate with the people of that particular country in English. English is so widely used language all over the world that even in a country where English is not the first language, we can convey our feelings and necessity to others in English.
- In the field of technology, English is the predominantly used language. Almost all the technical words are in English. If we want to read the manual of a machine, we will certainly find it in English.
- Internet is called the superhighway of information. On internet, we will find all the information in English. So, if we want to use the internet and collect information, we must use English.
- English has become indispensable in higher education. We will find reference books on every field of learning in English. So, for getting higher education, we cannot do without English.
- English can be our first choice as a medium of education if we want to receive a foreign degree. Considering the wide use and store of information, we cannot think of anything else better than English.
- We need English for securing a good job and developing our career. It is almost impossible to work in a good firm or in a good position without knowing English because in a responsible post one will need to do certain things such as using computers, communicating with prospective clients and customers, using the internet, etc. which are not possible without English.
If we consider the above points, there could be no disagreement on the fact that English is essential for every one of us.
Essay on How to Learn English Well
In 340 words, For class 9-10/SSC
English is not only the international language but also the most widely spoken language today. That’s why it is considered the world language. Whether our mother tongue is Bangla, Arabic, Persian, or German, we all have to learn a little bit of English. It is essential in various fields like education, research, communication, etc. But most of the students in our country can’t learn English well. Some of them are afraid of their English subject. Here I would like to give some tips on how to learn English well and how to get good marks in English.
The first and foremost duty of a student is to attend his English classes regularly and listen to what his teachers say in the classes. Without listening to the subject attentively, none can find any interest in it.
Secondly, students must first learn to read English with the correct pronunciation, then learn the basic rules of the grammar needed to understand it. If they can read the English text and understand it fairly, then gradually their fears will go away. Then they can pick up English children’s storybooks. Sometimes they should try to read an English daily newspaper. Besides these, students have to make the habit of listening to the radio and TV at the time of English news. This will make it easier for them to learn English.
Thirdly, students have to write frequently what they have learned. To learn a language, it is very helpful to try to write a little in that language. Because writing anything makes a man perfect. If they try to write diaries in simple words and short sentences, they will gradually become familiar with the English language character.
Finally, students should try to speak English with their friends and classmates. This will help them to speak English well. Besides, students have to use the dictionary to know the meaning of the difficult words. I believe, if anybody follows the above methods he will soon feel easy to read, write, and speak English well.
A Paragraph on the Importance of Learning English
In 125 words, for class 5-8
Write a paragraph on the necessity of learning English. Focus the demand of English as an international language. Mention the charms and advantages of knowing good English.
English is a medium of international communication, cooperation, and co-existence. In higher studies, in international trade and commerce, in the international conferences of the UN or SAARC, English plays a vital role. Even to introduce one’s own native literature to the whole world English translation of the literacy work is essential. A pilot has to contact the control towers of foreign airports in English. A postman has to read the address of foreign letters which are written in English. Telephone operators, tourist guides and attendants in big hotels must have a good command of English. To widen the sphere of knowledge and to keep pace with all the developing and developed countries of the world, we have to take up the learning of English as a challenge.
Importance of Learning English Paragraph, 200 Words
By: Haque | For 9-10/SSC
Learning English is essential for a variety of reasons. It is the most widely spoken language in the world and of international communication. Having a good command of English will open up many opportunities for you, both personally and professionally. It is the language of business and technology, and it is essential for anyone who wants to succeed in these fields. English is the language of education, and most of the world’s best universities teach in English. Knowing English will also allow you to access a vast amount of information and entertainment, including books, films, and music. English literature is very rich. Most of the great writers of the world are English. Creative works in all other languages are also available in English translation. Also, English is the language of diplomacy, so it is important for anyone who wants to work in government or international organizations. In short, learning English will help you communicate with people from all over the world and will open up countless opportunities for you. If you have the desire and effort to learn English, you will certainly succeed. Because English is easy to learn compared to other languages. It is a valuable investment in your future, and it is something that you will never regret.
A Paragraph on the Necessity of Learning English
In 160 words, For class 7-10
English is the prime language of the world. The language is being used in most of the countries of the world. Even English is being used as a medium of communication between two countries whose language is not English. That is why it is very reasonable to call English an international language. It is difficult to live at this age without knowing English. No good job can be found without proficiency in English. English is required to be a postman, telephone operator, tourist, tour guide, pilot, nurse, waiter, or receptionist. Even if you don’t know English, you can’t fully operate even a little mobile phone. International and diplomatic affairs of all countries of the world are done in English. English is required in airport management. Foreigners come to quality hotels, so its providers have to know English. In this age of computers and information technology, not knowing English is like being blind. Therefore, we all need to learn English.
A Paragraph on How to Learn English
In 150 words, For class 7-10, 24-02-’22
For learning English we will have to do certain things. First of all, we will have to learn the familiar words, some useful sentences, and the basic grammatical rules. For this purpose, we will need help from an efficient teacher. Secondly, we will have to create a habit of reading English books and newspapers. At first one should study the easy books and regularly learn new words and phrases. Thirdly, we will have to listen to English news and discussions on radio and TV. Then we will have to pronounce the words and sentences as we have heard them. Fourthly, we ought to practice freehand writing on specific topics. We need to find out mistakes in our writing and correct them. At last, we will have to practice our newly learned words, sentences, and grammatical rules in the classroom and with our friends.
A Paragraph on How to Improve Speaking Power in English
Words: 135 | For class 5
English is a second language for most people. To master it, you must put in a lot of speaking practise. You begin by speaking to yourself in English. When you go to take a bath, for example, you should say, “I’m going to take a bath.” I’ve taken a bath” and similar phrases. Then you need to make sure you’re alone. Because he or she may refer to you as insane. Next, you must overcome your shyness and constantly practise speaking to yourself. After that, you must read more books and English daily newspapers to expand your vocabulary, as well as listen to others speak proper English. Finally, you will begin conversing with members of your family, friends, teachers, and anyone else. As a result, you will be able to improve your English speaking ability.
A Paragraph on Importance of English
Words: 140 | For class 5-6
English has become a global language. The world has transformed into a global village. The various nations have grown close to one another and must communicate with one another. A common language is required for this communication. And English has attained the status of being a global language. It is the official language of international organizations such as the United Nations, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, and the Olympic Committee, among others. More than 80% of the data on the world’s computers is written in English. Many organizations require employees who are fluent in English. As a result, knowing English is required for a good job. Almost all books in various fields of science and technology are either written in English or translated into it. As a result, English is a requirement for higher education and global communication.
A Paragraph on Failure in English
Words: 220 | For 9-10 (SSC)
Failure to succeed in English is a typical occurrence in our country. There are numerous reasons for students’ failures in English, and the reasons are not easy to find. First and foremost, our educational system is flawed. Our country’s English textbooks are not appropriate for our kids. Second, the students are uninterested in learning English. They believe that learning English is a waste of time. In addition, English is a foreign language. It appears to them to be difficult. As a result, they are eager to learn English. They believe it is a waste of time. Third, the majority of so-called English teachers are not fluent in the language. They lack competence and training. They are unable to teach the students in a scientific manner. Fourth, the students simply memorize the answers. They forget what they have crammed in the examination hall. As a result, the responses they write are inaccurate. These are the reasons why our country’s pupils flunk English. Our flawed educational system has to be reformed and improved. English textbooks should be appropriate for students. It is important to encourage students to study English. More qualified and experienced instructors should be hired in schools and institutions. English teachers should be fluent in the language. They should use scientific teaching methods in the classroom. They should give their lecture in straightforward, clear English.
A Paragraph on the Necessity of Learning English
Words: 250 | For HSC
The necessity of learning English is not a hyperbole in the age of globalization. English is an international language. It opens windows to the entire world. It is widely spoken in the world. Being fluent in English is certainly a plus point in today’s globalised world. In the job market, English is given more priority. It is the official or semi-official language in more than 60 countries and of many international organizations need employers who speak and write a standard form of English. We can learn the current goings-on in every corner of the world instantly through reading English newspapers and journals. World literature, culture, sports, politics, geographical locations and the latest updates are made available in English language. Today more than 80% of all the information in the world’s computers is in English. To get any information from internet English is a must. So if we don’t know English, we will fail to keep pace with the progressive force of the world. Without English language the present world could not reach its present heights. The language of science, arts, commerce, business, mercantile transactions, diplomacy and even conflict management and peace overtures is English. So, English is being used more popularly, for its international acceptance. English, as a gateway to social and economic upward mobility, is. recognized as part of the current reality. Moreover, a student must have efficiency on the skills of English to do well in the exam. Actually the importance of learning English is undeniable for its benefits the world population is gaining.
A Paragraph on How to Learn English Well
Words: 100 | For Class 5
English is an international language. For learning English we will have to do certain things. First of all we will have to learn the familiar word, some useful sentence and the basic grammatical rule. For this purpose we will need the help of good English teacher. Secondly we will make habit of reading English book and English newspaper. Thirdly we try to listen English news and watch English movie regularly. We should try to practice freehand writing on specific topic. Spelling is another important thing for learning English. By following these we can learn English very easily.
Frequently Asked Questions About Learning English
There are many ways to learn English, but some effective methods include:
- Immersing yourself in the language by surrounding yourself with English speakers or watching English-language media.
- Practicing speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English as much as possible.
- Using language learning apps, websites, and software.
- Taking an English course or hiring a tutor for personalized instruction.
- Reading books, newspapers, and magazines in English to improve vocabulary and comprehension.
- Regularly watching English-language films and TV shows with English subtitles to improve listening skills.
- Keeping a journal in English to practice writing.
- It’s also important to be patient and persistent, as learning a new language takes time and practice.
Here are some tips for learning English by yourself:
- Immerse yourself in the language by watching English-language TV shows, films, and videos on YouTube.
- Listen to English-language music and podcasts to improve your listening and comprehension skills.
- Use language learning apps and websites, such as Duolingo, Babbel, and Memrise, to practice grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
- Read English-language books, newspapers, and magazines to improve your vocabulary and comprehension.
- Practice speaking by recording yourself and then listening to the recording to identify areas for improvement.
- Write in English by keeping a journal or writing emails to native speakers.
- Take advantage of online resources, such as English-language news websites, forums, and social media groups, to connect with native speakers and practice your conversation skills.
- Be consistent with your practice and make a schedule for yourself, Try to spend a certain amount of time each day on learning English.
- Be patient with yourself, learning a new language takes time and practice.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, they are an important part of the learning process.
There could be several reasons why your English may not be improving. Here are a few possibilities:
- Lack of practice: Learning a new language requires consistent practice and effort. If you’re not dedicating enough time to practicing speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English, it will be difficult to make progress.
- Not challenging yourself: If you’re only practicing at a level that is too easy for you, you may not be challenging yourself enough to make significant improvements.
- Not focusing on your weaknesses: Everyone has different areas of strength and weakness when learning a new language. It’s important to identify your specific areas of difficulty and focus on them in order to improve.
- Limited exposure to the language: Being immersed in the language and surrounding yourself with native speakers is one of the most effective ways to improve your skills. If you’re not getting enough exposure to English, it will be harder to make progress.
- Not getting feedback: It’s important to get feedback on your language skills in order to identify areas for improvement. If you’re not getting feedback, you may not be aware of your mistakes or areas of difficulty.
- Not being patient: Learning a new language takes time, and progress may not always be linear. It’s important to be patient and persistent, and not to get discouraged if you’re not seeing improvement as quickly as you would like.
It’s also important to consult with a language teacher or tutor, They can help you identify your problem areas and develop a plan to improve.
The amount of time it takes to learn English can vary depending on several factors, including an individual’s prior knowledge of the language, their learning style, and the amount of time they dedicate to studying. On average, it can take approximately 600-750 hours of study to become proficient in English, or roughly 20-30 weeks of study if done full-time. However, it is important to note that becoming fluent in a language is a lifelong process and one can always continue to improve their proficiency.
- Start with a clear topic sentence that states the main idea of the paragraph.
- Use specific examples and details to support the main idea.
- Use transition words and phrases to connect sentences and ideas.
- Use a variety of sentence structures to make the paragraph more interesting.
- Use correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling to ensure your paragraph is clear and easy to understand.
- Revise and proofread your paragraph to catch any errors.
- End the paragraph with a conclusion sentence that summarize the main points.
- Practice regularly with native speakers or language exchange partners to improve fluency and accuracy.
About the Author
A teacher, writer and blogger, started allparagraph noting students search online for paragraphs on various topics, short and simple essays, edifying stories and other materials of study. In composing these lessons we have tried to use as simple language as possible, keeping young students in mind. If you find any text inappropriate, please let us know so we can make it more useful through necessary corrections and modifications. Thank you!