Road Accident Essay & Paragraph
A road accident is an unwelcome and painful affair. In the cities of densely populated countries, such as Bangladesh, many people are killed and injured in road accidents every year. That is why the causes and remedies of road accidents are an important concern. Even students are often asked to write road accident essays and road accident paragraphs in their classes and exams. Below are a bunch of essays and paragraphs on why road accidents happen, how to prevent them, and the experience of witnessing a road accident.
Essay on Road Accidents in Bangladesh, 400 Words
Introduction: Road accidents are always unwanted and unwarranted. In Bangladesh, a lot of people die and get injured in road accidents every year. Many families bear the irreparable scar of losing their members. So road accidents are always full of blood, wails, cries, tears, and sad events.
Causes of Road Accidents: Road accidents have become a big problem in Bangladesh. There are some reasons behind this problem. They are described as follows:
- Many of our roads are in deplorable condition and need repair. It is very difficult for vehicles to run on those roads.
- Many vehicles on our roads also lack fitness and are ineligible for operation. These vehicles may be dubbed the “Frigates of Death”. Their machine parts have gone out of order and they frequently fall victim to accidents.
- There are a lot of drivers on our roads who do not have proper qualifications or driving licenses. Some of them even work with fake driving licenses. They are not well aware of traffic rules and safety methods. As a result, accidents take place.
Measures to Ensure Road Safety: Certain measures may be taken to ensure road safety. They are as follows:
- Road safety campaigns are needed to educate all road users. Although reckless driving is a major problem, careless pedestrians also cause accidents when drivers must take evasive action to avoid them.
- Damaged roads should be repaired and kept in good condition throughout the year.
- Unfit and old vehicles should be kept away from the road.
- It should be ensured that the drivers have proper training and valid driving license.
- Appropriate road signs should be posted in proper places.
- Bus passengers should band together and become more proactive in deterring dangerous driving practices.
- Enforcement officials should hold unannounced, on-the-road inspections for overloading and safety-related maintenance, particularly for older vehicles.
- Owners and drivers should keep their vehicles to a much higher standard. They also understand that it is not only a safety precaution but also cost-effective.
- There should be proper enforcement of law targeting dangerous driving and those drivers who operate under the influence of alcohol and other drugs and more severe penalties for offenses.
- Drivers should be taught technical, social, and psychological skills to be safe and responsible professionals. Working within legal maximum hours and higher salaries may help in this regard.
Conclusion: Considering the gravity of road accidents, it is necessary to take the above-mentioned steps and implement them properly to contain road accidents.
Essay on A Road Accident I Witnessed, 300 Words
Introduction: Road accidents have become a common phenomenon in Bangladesh. Every day we find the news of people being killed and wounded in road accidents. A few years ago I witnessed a terrible road accident.
Description of the Accident: That day I was walking along the Asian Highway near the Bahaddarhat Bus Terminal. There were many rickshaws, buses, trucks, minibusses, microbuses, taxis, and other vehicles running up and down the highway at a very high speed. Suddenly I heard the sound of a big crash. I looked behind and found that two public buses had a head-on collision. Injured people were screaming in agony. Soon people from all around gathered at the accident site. A big commotion was raised there. I came to know that a boy about ten years old was trying to cross the road. He ran and came in front of a bus. To save the boy’s life, the bus swerved sharply to the right and hit another public bus coming from the opposite direction. Five people died instantly and many others were injured. Both the drivers of the buses were among the dead. There were blood and shards of glass everywhere. The environment became heavy with the wails and cries of the victims. The dead and injured persons were soon removed to Chittagong Medical College hospital. The accident ensued a big traffic jam. It took about one hour to clear the jam. Gradually the crowd dissipated, the broken buses were taken to one side and the vehicles began to ply again.
Conclusion: After the accident a sad feeling engulfed me. I could not shake that despondent mood for the next few days. I will always remember that terrible accident.
Road Accident Paragraph, 150 Words
Road accidents are always unwanted and unwarranted. In Bangladesh, a lot of people die and get injured in road accidents every year. Many families bear the irreparable scar of losing their members. There are some reasons behind this problem. First of all, many of our roads are in inferior condition and need repair. It is very difficult for vehicles to run on those roads. Secondly, many vehicles on our roads also lack fitness and are ineligible for operation. Thirdly, there are a lot of drivers on our roads who do not have the proper qualifications or driving licenses. Some of them even work with fake driving licenses. They are not well aware of traffic rules and safety methods. As a result, accidents take place. It is very important for us to stop road accidents. For this, not only the government but also mass people should be alert and everybody should abide by the traffic rules.